Date: 24 Nov – 3 Dec, 2023
Teacher: Darshan, Arudra
This course offers an in-depth study of the philosophical foundations of yoga and explains how each of the four traditional paths brings us closer to Self-realization.
Students of the Ananda Raja Yoga School who are regularly enrolled may participate in this course.
This course is a ‘full immersion’ in the practices of each of the four main paths of yoga, offering an in-depth study of its philosophical foundations and explaining how each of these 4 yogas brings us closer to Self-realization. The practices of each of these yogic paths will be an integral part of your day:
- Gyana Yoga: awareness, observation, introspection; use of spiritual journaling; discrimination, affirmation and detachment.
- Bhakti Yoga: chanting; prayer; japa; devotional ceremonies; pilgrimages.
- Karma Yoga: Karma and Dharma; right action; service; detachment.
- Raja Yoga: daily meditation; strengthening willpower; developing self-control.
This online course is taught exclusively in English.
The course material consists of:
- a written handbook that you must have read in full before the start of the course;
- 12 recorded video lessons that you can easily download to your computer or watch directly on the ANANDA ONLINE platform.
You will receive the written test immediately after the course by email, to be completed and returned it by email within three months.
The course consists of four study days on a weekly basis:
- Friday, November 24: Orientation at 20.30
- Saturday, November 25: 16.00-18.00 and 18.30-20.00 Lesson and practice;
- Sunday, November 26: 16.00-18.00 and 18.30-20.00 Lesson and practice
- Saturday, December 2: 16.00-18.00 and 18.30-20.00 Lesson and practice;
- Sunday, December 3: 16.00-18.00 and 18.30-20.00 Lesson and practice.
Price: 200 €
More Live courses by Darshan
In 2008, at the end of his high school studies, he discovered Paramhansa Yogananda and his teachings and began his journey as a disciple. Since 2009 he has lived in Italy, in the spiritual community of Ananda near Assisi, a community founded and based on Yogananda's teachings. At Ananda, in the Yoga and Meditation Retreat, he leads classes on meditation, Superconsciousness, intuition and how to spiritualize and transform one's consciousness by sharing the principles and tools that have changed his life. In addition, Arudra serves as coordinator of Eastern European Ananda meditation groups, including as a minister and kriyacharya.
More Live courses by Arudra